Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

4 oct 2015

A student again

It's funny to go to the university and to have a professor who recommends you all the time to play this or that other game. It's also funny that on the first day, after the formal presentation, they bring some beers and soft drinks so that we can all have a drink together. It is unusual to see that there is no blackboard in the classroom, but a gigantic plasma screen. It's shocking to be in a classroom with 40 students and seeing that they all have their laptops on the desk. In the old times, if you couldn't go one day to the uni, you could ask for the notes and make some photocopies; today you can get them in a USB-pen drive. Besides you have to upload your homework and tasks to some kind of blog, forget about the old fashioned paper. Oh well...

The academic year started officially for me on Monday 21st of September with the MA presentation. I was impressed with such a high level there. We had the opportunity to introduce ourselves with some pictures or examples of work that we have done in the past. Oh god... there was people showing things that I dream of doing the day I finish this MA. What are we doing in the same classroom? I , as bold as brass, showed my pictures covered in dirt on site and dressed like an Arab and a Pakistani. Oh well...

On the 22nd I had the presentation for the BA, but I will attend to some lectures only as an unregistered student. It was much shorter because we are many and I didn't prepare anything for this. What I found was another group of young and super talented people ready from the first day. Forcing myself to be optimistic, I take it like "with so many clever people, I will be able to learn a lot from them". Regarding the age, I think that there is only one person older than me between the two groups. A guy came to me and...:

"Hey, I wanted to say hi, I liked your presentation."
"Hi, how is it going :) "
"You look like an interesting guy."
"Oh, do I? Hehe. How come?"
"Because you are... ehm..."
"Old? I see. Oh well..."

No hay comentarios: