Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

31 dic 2009

Between 2009 and 2010

I've been back in Spain for almost one month now. I haven't been in my home-city all the time. I went to Madrid to spend few days with an excellent friend there and meet another good friend. I had a great time visiting museums, seeing the city, eating plenty of good Spanish food... The perfect plan. Then I came back home because I had the visit of a very good friend coming from London for a week. I have enjoyed a lot showing him the Basque Country. We spent some days in Vitoria-Gasteiz and some more in Bilbao. It was great as he's been the first friend to come of those I have met since I started living abroad. I still have some more days or possibly weeks in here to meet more 'local' friends. I do not yet know when I am leaving but it should be at some point in January. You know, back to the Middle East.

The year finishes and I am going to do a short review of it as I did last year. Well, in short: it was rubbish! I have had good things, of course. I have kept meeting great people, that's always the best of each year, each day I live. I also liked the move to Manchester, the moment and the reasons why I did it. A good friend told me once that the important thing is not the destination, but the reasons that lead you there. I love this sentence and it is one of my mottoes. This move has been one of the keys of the year I think. And to almost finish 2009, I have spent 2 months working in the Persian Gulf. Though in this case it was about the destination rather than the reasons that led me there. I really enjoyed but it was not what I was expecting nor what I wanted in my life at that moment (I shouldn't complain, I've been lucky after all, I know...)

Anyway, only a general good mood whose source is unknown has kept me in good spirit and fairly optimistic or not too down for most of the year. I have had reasons to be sad and even desperate. The year started with some health problems and with the bad news of the redundancies, which I finally took voluntarily. Leaving the job, my friends and everything behind again in the South-East of England was painful even though I thought it was the right time to do it. The job-hunting in Manchester was very hard and I almost had to give up... I could have got a job but I didn't wait and accepted the one in Bahrain instead. The experience there was good but I've been forced to leave the place I had chosen to settle down. That was bad and left me with a feeling of failure.

Now 2010 starts with the same uncertainty that 2009 has left. I am probably going back to the Persian Gulf hopefully for longer than the last time. Not really looking forward to it although once there I'm sure I will like it. The money is my main reason to go to be honest and that's not a good sign. I know most of the people work for money but I had never done it and there was always something that motivated me more. Well, not this time. I am a mercenary of the archaeology... After the project finishes, I have no plans, no ideas, no objectives. More projects may come up. I may try a new attempt to settle down in the UK and see if this time I find a normal job to pay the bills. Also, I am thinking about a journey once I gather all my money if I can afford it. I will see.

I'm afraid that this is all I have to report. Fairly bad 2009 and void ahead for 2010. Wish me luck, I might need it. Come with me, I might need you.

No hay comentarios: