Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

4 dic 2008

Home, sweet home

I've been already one month and a half living in this house and I can say I'm quite happy. I definitely like it. I haven't told you about it, have I? Well, just few details about my bedroom. Ok, I'm going to tell you about the house. I know you'd prefer to see photos as well as read about it. I shall try to post some in the near future. I... keep promising.

Well, the house is quite big, the biggest in which I've lived ever. It is located in my favourite area of Oxford so I'm very happy because I know many people living around and it is really close to bars, shops, restaurants, venues for concerts... And not further from the office than my former place (15-20 minutes cycling). The house has a large common area with living-room and kitchen on the ground floor. We've got plenty of space for storage as well as two fridges. There is also a small toilette with shower here. Apart from these common spaces, there are two large bedrooms. One of them is Paola's, who is from Italy. The other is Salar's, a guy from Iran. We have a clear space in front of the house to leave the bikes as well as a back garden with a shed where we keep the spare furniture we don't need in the house.

There are three rooms upstairs and a bathroom. Apart from mine, the other two rooms are those of Annabelle from Germany and Eleni from Greece. We're five although we've had Julie, a friend from France living with us for one month -pretty international house as you can imagine. Also Enrico, Paola's cousin, is with us for some days at the moment. Living with them is great and I'm enjoying their company when we meet in the kitchen, watching tv or even sometimes having dinner and going out together. My room is the smallest and it is certainly smaller than the one I was before, but it is more than enough for a single room and I'm happy with it. I have got used to the carpet and wallpaper already and it is not as cold as I thought it was going to be in winter.

I found the place thanks to a friend Annabelle and me have in common. He told me about them looking for a housemate and as soon as I saw the bedroom and the rest of the house I knew I liked it. And I liked it more when I met the housemates. On top of that, the landlord is really nice and the rent is very reasonable!

Living here is making me changing my habits in some way. I can organise myself better but I have less time. The reason is that Xavier (my former landlord with whom I was living) used to cook every night the dinner so I just paid him more for that and it was a good deal. Now I have to cook for myself, what means that not only I eat worse food (Xavier was a very good cook) but also that I have to spend more time shopping and cooking. But it has also good things: I can decide suddenly that I want to have diner out; I didn't do it before because it wasn't nice if Xavier had already started cooking.

Well, in short: definitely happy in my new place and with my new housemates. I hope to tell you next week about what I am going to do this weekend. I'll just tell you that I'm going out of Oxford and last Saturday I was doing some shopping as I needed a swimming suit for this trip... Bloody difficult in winter time! Shit, then I say I don't know what I do to spend so much money. I'm afraid I'll have a clue this weekend.

No hay comentarios: