Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

10 ago 2008

The last weeks... and months

There is not much to say, honestly. The last months, since April or so, I've been meeting a lot of new people, doing plenty of things, going to a lot of parties, going out a lot with friends, visiting a lot of new places... Quite exciting. I'm having very good months and I'm still expecting some other exciting events the next few weeks because at the end of this month there is a bank holiday and I'm planning to do something, I'll probably go later to London to see some concerts and also have planned a very quick trip to Spain in November.

Some of the names of people I've met and you have read here are Juliette, Luca, Ben, Paulina, Loo, Anna, Markus, Joseph, Sergio, Gary, Mike... and others I haven't mention but I have been getting fun with like Catherine, Timothy, Vincenzo, Angela, George, Manu, Benedetta, Tracy, other Tracy, Magdalena... And of course the people I already knew like Nico, Sergio, Renata, Marta, Idoia, Lars, Fernando, Toni, Eva, Gloria, Cindy, Paolo, Brad... A big bunch of nice people. And yet I forget some of them, I'm sure... I'm having great times and laughs with them. It is funny and good because I keep my head busy thinking about when and what for I'm meeting the people next time.

I've been invited to plenty of parties with these and other people. So many that sometimes I had to apologise and say 'no' because I was already invited to another party. And not only parties, but just going out to have some drinks, something that usually ends late, drunk and laughing. Well, and other activities like going punting or, like I did last Friday, going to the theatre in the Oxford Castle. This was quite interesting and I really enjoyed a lot. The play was in the open air and we were watching "Animal Farm". I don't know much about theatre and have been few times but I really think the actors and actresses did it extremely well, just perfect. Especially difficult because it was a small play: they were only 6 persons playing all the roles so each of them had to interpret different characters. But they did it great and at the end of the play I felt like going and congratulate them personally. I got impressed.

Also I've moved a bit around and apart from the bank holidays in May in Oxfordshire, Yorkshire and surroundings, I have been to the Windsor Castle for work and also have crossed half Europe to get to the Czech Republic. I'm possibly visiting something else soon, I'll see. I feel like stopping at Oxford for a while. To be honest, August is being a quieter month but I'm happy with that because I'm spending a lot of money and I had things to do here as well as preparing the Spanish lessons that I keep teaching.

I'm thinking a bit now about the next months up to Christmas or so. I have some ideas in my head to keep busy and do something, not just spending the time surfing in internet. I may enrol in some language course (French? Italian? Arabic? German?) or other thing like that to do at least once a week. I'm also excited about the idea of trying to use only Ubuntu or Kubuntu in my laptop and in the office to see how I manage without Windows (don't worry if you don't know what I'm talking about, it is geeks' stuff). I'm also writing a blog about that: the Ubunblox. Have a look if you are interested by clicking the link in the column on the right in this blog, can you see it? I aim to write a simple blog about something I'm not really good at all, so just explain step by I step what I am discovering every day and how I sort out the problems I find in case someone finds them too. I'll see what comes out from this "project".

Well, I think about how things were only one year ago (only eight months ago in fact) and everything has changed a lot. My situation is totally different and so my thoughts are. And my ideas, and my worries, and my projects for the future...

4 comentarios:

Evla dijo...

Lo siento, acabo de ver tu comentario en mi blog...demasiado tarde, el día 9 ya estábamos allí. Y, sí, tienes razón, vaya días de perros hemos tenido. menos mal que llevábamos abrigo y paraguas. ¿Verano? Más bien otoño. Un saludo y bienvenido a mi humilde blog.

Rafael MJ dijo...

¡Hola gre y/o evla! Bienvenidos vosotros :D Sí, es que aquí ya tuvimos la una semana de buen tiempo el mes pasado. Y ya está. Eso es todo lo que nos toca. Hasta el año que viene nada otra vez... Bueno, junio también tuvo días buenos, pero es que para cuando te quieres dar cuenta, se te ha puesto una nube delante... Espero que lo pasarais bien al menos :o)

Unknown dijo...

German Rafa, you have to join me in the task of learning the difficult language..................!!!!

Rafael MJ dijo...

Yes, and I may seek someone to practise with like you :P German is a good option. I don't know if I'll finally do it though...

Thanks for visiting the blog :o)