Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

29 ago 2014

I don't like farewells

It's done, today was my "last day of work at Nintendo". I write it between quotation marks because my last day was actually yesterday and because I had nothing to do as I was free of projects since last week. Today many of my colleagues and me had to go just to be there for a while, say goodbye to everyone and then go home. I think I was already out before 11:00. The truth is that I haven't greeted-goodbye to many people. I don't like to say goodbye. Well, I don't like the drama of that moment. I like it when there is happiness, smiles, celebration... but no tears. Besides, I think I will keep in touch with many of the persons that matter to me, specially in this superconnected world where we live.

It is not the first time -nor the last one possibly- that I leave from a city, although I will have to settle down one day, I hope... I left from Vitoria but I didn't disappear from the lives of most of my friends there. They also stay as part of my life. We don't meet often but we still meet. It happened the same in Oxford, in Manchester and it will happen in Frankfurt. I am not a person who misses others a lot. Not sure whether that's something good or bad or I am a heartless monster, but the truth is that I get used easily to the new circumstances and I always look forward to whatever comes next.

However, I am not made of steel and things are neither simple nor nice. I'm sorry that I have to leave the job and my colleagues in these circumstances because it wasn't my decision. I have had the chance to work in a very big company, known worldwide, doing a job more or less amusing and new for me. I have been able to see the impact of it on society (I love to see people with their consoles on the street). But the best of all, no doubt and by far, has been the people I have met there.

My colleagues have been a crucial part to understand how happy I've been in a city where many people give you the feeling of not being happy. I can't describe the motivation these colleagues have given to me for 4.5 years to wake up in the mornings and go to the office to see them, talk to them, listen, laugh and work together. The best drug I have ever tried! But their contribution hasn't been limited to work: they have made me a better person. I owe them a lot of what I am today. Thank you all for the 4.5 you have given to me because you are the best that has happened in this time: Ana, Iñaki, Amaury, Álex, Carlos, Cris, Dani H., Dani P., David N., Diego, Edu, Emilien, Estíbaliz, Gunnar, Javier, Iván, Marc, Margherita, María, Mari, Marzia, Nacho, Nuria, Rubén, Sebastian, Silvia and so many others to a lesser extent. Guys, I don't like farewells, but I love reunions.

3 comentarios:

Nu dijo...

Go for reunions whenever we can!! ^_^

Marzia dijo...

Thanks to you, Nintendo has been that great because of people like you. :)

Rafael MJ dijo...

Thanks, ladies. I'm glad to know I had the same effect on you!