Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

19 oct 2008

Cycle Oxford 2.0

Sunday morning. I wake up feeling cold despite the duvets which cover me. I have a weird feeling, in a bed which is not mine. I open a bit one eye. I look around and I see that I am in a small bedroom, rather smaller than mine. It is full of stuff still untidy. I recognise the stuff, it is mine. The walls have had the same sad wallpaper for very long time. The ceiling is also papered and the floor covered with an ugly carpet. It is a typical British house. It is cosy. There is a small window, facing a backyard, also small.

I hear some noises outside, on the ground floor, right under me. They sound like kitchen noises. I hear voices. I know who they are, but I hardly know them. They are not the people I am used to see every day in my house.

I keep watching everything like a man from the Stone Age frozen for millenniums and unfrozen now. I don't know what to do now nor where to go. I'm a bit disorientated, I don't feel safe and with self confidence. I am on a strange ground. I think I'll go downstairs to the kitchen and see if I can find anything to have breakfast. I'll get used soon. This is just the first morning in my new house after yesterday's move in.

4 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Hey Rafa!
Good luck and all the best for your new house!
Moving is always a bit weird at first, but you'll soon get used to it! (unlike me who now has to fight the mould but that won't happen in an established house)!
Have a lovely Sunday! :-)

Rafael MJ dijo...

Hello Anna :o)

Thanks for your supporting comment. I'm sure I'll get used to it and I'll live happy here. And if that doesn't happen, I always can go just around the corner and unburden myself with Joe ;o)

Nekane dijo...

wapeton! mucha suerte en tu nueva casita, seguro que todo va muy bien.
Mete alguna foto cuando ya lo tengas todo listo para que la conozcamos.
Un besote muy gordo y mucha suerte en esta nueva etapa.

Rafael MJ dijo...

Hola Nekane. Me alegro de leerte por aquí. Aunque me extraña encontrarte en la entrada en inglés (?) jeje.

Muchas gracias por los buenos deseos. Lo de las fotos me da un poco de vergüe... Es que la moqueta es tan fea y el papel de la pared tan cutre, que parece que he vuelto a los '80.