Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

5 nov 2011

And now... der, die oder das?

I know, I've been, again, too long without posting anything on the blog. Or as a friend of mine says on his blog: "too long without feeding you". As always, I have an excuse. As always, that is the lack of time. As almost always, especially in the last year or so, it is because I am having tons of fun... Well, but that is not the whole truth this time. Ok, ok, first of all I will tell you about the fun times, then the rest.

Since I am back from Barcelona, I have been all the time meaning to post something on the blog. Yes, yes, I went to Barcelona in mid September for 9 days of sunshine, beach, shopping, basketball, stunning guys, good food, street markets, party, old friends, new friends and family. Yes, I had time for all these things! I spent first some days at my cousin's place where also my aunt was. My mother came by surprise! And then my oldest sister and my nephew came as well for a weekend. It was really nice to have this brief gathering with some of my closest relatives. Of course, here is the photo attached of the whole "team". Aren't we cute? It is in our DNA.

But I had much more time for other things, like going to Sitges for the first time in my life. In case you don't know it, it is one of the towns in Europe with the liveliest gay life. I was curious about it and there was a big event the same weekend that I arrived, so I met a friend who lives nearby (and his boyfriend lives near Frankfurt, that's how I know them) and there we went partying and having some drinks at the beach. Then I spent a few more days in the town where my cousin lives and travelling sometimes to Barcelona (like 30 minutes by train) or other places to meet some old friends who live in the region.

The second part of the holidays I spent it in the city, staying at the place of my oldest friend. We know each other since the secondary school, when we were 13. Not only it was great to see him again, but also to meet other friends that were staying also at that same moment. However, the main purpose for the holidays and for being in the city the second weekend of my stay was the sports tournament that Panteres Grogues organised. That's the LGBT sports club of Barcelona and, if you remember, two guys from there were part of the Frankfurt team when we played in Düsseldorf. I met them again and I played with a local team who were actually most of them straight. So everyone thought that I was also straight and I didn't hooked up with anyone, hahaha! Really nice guys and excellent players. It was not easy to play with people that you don't know at all... but at least we didn't lose all the games, hehe! Of course my family was supporting from the grandstand, like in the old times but adding the sweet voice of my nephew. Like every tournament of these characteristics, there was a party at night with the people who participated in all the sports. The party finished at about 6:30am for me... Well, the average party since I am a dancing queen! By the way, hardly a couple of weeks after this, I was also partying until 6am again here in Frankfurt, so it is definitely not casual... And I am already looking forward to the event I will attend in Cologne with a friend at the end of this month and the Christmas party of FVV the first weekend of December!

But the reason why I am so busy at the moment is that I am, finally, attending some serious German lessons; not like the informal ones we used to have at the agency. And that is around what my life is spinning right now. The lessons are 4 days a week in the evening, 3 hours every day (vier mal jeden Woche, drei Stunde jeden Tag). I usually leave from my place by 8am (von meine Wohnung) and don't get back until after 9pm. I just have time (die Zeit) to cook and eat some dinner, have a shower and do the homework (die Hausaufgaben). The only free evening after work I use it to go to the gym (ins der Fitness Studio) and then the weekends are hectic as I have to do all those things I used to do before throughout the whole week. Of course, I am not playing basketball (kein Basketball) at the moment, it is hard to meet my friends, to reply e-mails, to make plans for other things and just to relax at home staring at the ceiling doing nothing (and to write an entry for the blog! -das Blog).

This will last another 4 weeks, if it doesn't kill me first... I must say though, that I really like the lessons. We have two teachers. That on Mondays is older, more boring and doesn't speak very loud and talks to us as if we knew perfect German. The rest of the days we have a young woman, really easy going, very patient, nice. She is all the time making funny noises and gestures so that we can understand her (she is an excellent actress, hahaha!!). The truth is that the three hours fly and it is not too hard despite being in the evening after work. Still, this pace is hard to keep for too longer, so I am looking forward to recovering my usual pace after the course finishes (der Deutschkurs). I would like to keep learning, but I will have to think about something else. I take this time as a self punishment for being so lazy since I arrived, but God knows that I am paying for my sins with my own life (mein elgenes Leben)...

No hay comentarios: