Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

11 dic 2013

My 15 minutes of fame, Andy

Andy Warhol said that everyone would have 15 minutes of fame worldwide. Well, mine is not worldwide. I can't say it is a huge fame either but it is lasting a lot more than 15 minutes, actually a whole month: there I am, on the cover of BOX magazine, dripping water. I know, it's not Vanity Bear, but it isn't bad at all! BOX is a bearish free magazine that you can find in bars and shops with news and articles about current affairs and some photos of past events. Most people check it online in Germany and neighbouring countries so it is not often that you see it far away from the area of Cologne/Düsseldorf in other German cities. I'm very proud to be there, standing in front of everyone. One of the biggest bear events in Europe takes place in Cologne at the end of November (maybe the biggest) with plenty of parties and activities, so many more people usually check BOX's December issue to see what went on. In addition, there is another smaller photo on the first page with a basketball (no more flesh to show, sorry!). I'm becoming a bit of a "diva" lately always in front of the camera, haha! It's been a great anecdote to finish the year 2013.

The year 2013 is finishing... and I am a bit early this time compared to other years, looking back and seeing what happened since last Christmas even though there are still a few weeks left. I'm not going to complain and tell that it was a bad year because then Nestor will tell me off, and he is right, but it has been a year at least strange. It hasn't been as good as 2011 and 2012 either. My spirits have been more down than up, I sometimes felt I lack energy, my head has been often busy and wasting time with useless thoughts and I have some injuries in my body too (am I getting old?). One thing is true though: I have partied as much as other years or even more and, specially, I have travelled more than ever.

One of my objectives for this year was to visit new places. It's almost "unavoidable" for me to visit Cologne (again, I can't count on one hand the times I've been there), Berlin (I was only once -unbelievable), Düsseldorf (my yearly basketball tournament) and London (I couldn't miss the Final Four). But there was more: I've been a couple of times in Amsterdam, I've had a family visit in Krefeld, I've visited the historic Leipzig and its cute Gay Pride, I've had a blast in the Oktoberfest in Munich, I've been astonished walking in Istanbul, I've finally visited a friend in the port-city of Hamburg and I have spent some relaxing days in Vienna's streets and museums. I think I have filled the best expectations regarding this topic... And I've missed some other places, I have to leave something for the coming years!

But kilometres are not enough to keep a man alive. As I said, my head has been full of other things. I am a bit stuck personally and professionally, although God bless this stagnation which allows me to do everything I do. On the one hand, I think I should leave things as they are, because they are just fine. On the other, I wonder for how long I can be happy like this and if later will be too late to perform significant changes. Am I going to be happier... with a partner? ... furthering my education and changing my position or even the company? ... living in a different city? ... living in another country? I have no idea. Will I know it by the end of 2014? No idea either. What I know is that I have to make a bigger effort and focus more on keep learning German, even if it is slow.

2 comentarios:

Kile Ozier dijo...

You know that I would marry you, in a heartbeat.

Rafael MJ dijo...

Awwww shucks... Thanks, sweet man :-D