Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

5 feb 2008

To the Far West!

Hi visitor! After the imbalances the Peterborough issue caused, everything stabilizes and returns to normal. And it returns without time to think about anything but the job. It's all right. I'm very happy with my situation now. I keep working (as slow as always) on the reports of Buildings 11, 15 and 16 in Woolwich and they gave me already another two to do: I think they're 13 and 14... Or were they 12 and 13? Well, I'm not sure, I'll tell you later. I should take some photos so that you can see them, shouldn't I? Now that I have done plans for the next months in my life and I don't have to worry about that, my aim is to improve the blog posting more photos, to make it more amusing. Give me some time, ok?

Regarding to Woolwich, I learn more and more about the site and as architectonic compound is really interesting. I'll go back there next week to keep working on the five buildings and keep writing the reports of the first three. I won't touch the new two until I don't finish the other three because if I write 5 reports at the same time I'll get mad and I won't finish any of them. The problem is that I have a wide margin to improve so I learn one thousand new things every day. And when I read what I wrote two months ago I feel like changing it all. Thus, I'll finish the first three, give them as they are and then start with the other two. If there are a lot of things bad the project manager (Dave Score) will tell me what he wants me to change.

But before I go this monday to the Royal Arsenal, I first have a project running from tomorrow in Wales. I'm going to the Far West! Well, not so far. You know, and if you don't then I tell you now: Wales is a country to the West of England. Today my colleague from the department Simon came and told me that he had this pending stuff to do. And as it was more convenient for me to do it asap, we've decided that the best option was to start tomorrow. As quick as that. I'm going to a town called Llantrisant, very close to Cardiff, to record the ruins of the castle. I'll be there until friday.

Well, but I'm not only thinking about work. As I have more free time now than when I was digging, I'm thinking about doing something with it. There are a couple of persons in the company who are currently learning spanish with some friends. I offered myself to teach them and they agreed so we're starting after Easter (they still have a course which have paid for so we'll wait for them to finish and thus I have time to prepare the first lessons). I don't know how I'll manage, but they realize that I'm not a "real" teacher and seem to be pretty patient with me. In addition, the company will lend us a meeting-room to do the class there. That's great!

I also have been this week thinking about how to spend those holidays I have to spend before the 28th March (deadline) and I finally joined them with Easter in order to have a longer period. I already have bought the tickets to go back to Barcelona (finally, after one year and a half without going!). I'll be there just 4 days and then I'm going 6 to Vitoria to meet my second nephew, who will be born by mid March. I'm really keen to meet him! I hope to meet in Barcelona all my friends around and also Torstein, who will spend some weeks learning spanish and will be there at the same time. It will be very funny to meet him there.

This keeps my mind busy these days. By the way, it isn't yet one year since I came here and there are 3000 visits already. Thank you very much for your interest!

No hay comentarios: