Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

17 feb 2008

Little time

Between one thing and another I don't have much time to write and relax. The last two weeks have been plenty of things to do and I still have more things that will keep me busy for the next month or so. First of all, my three days in Wales were really pleasant, despite the fact I went there for work. My colleague and me were working in a small town called Llantrisant, quite beautiful. It was nice to work with him and also look for places were to have dinner (funy). We were at two different places, the second of which was really good and beautiful. The motel reminded me one of those motels of Tarantino's films (have you ever watched "From dusk till dawn"?).

My birthday's weekend was also very good and busy. I went to have lunch with Torstein and some other spanish people as I usually do on saturdays. I came back home to listen a basketball game on the radio in internet and then I went to have dinner with some other friends. It was funny and good dinner although it took very long to find a restaurant with some table available (I didn't book anything as I didn't know it was going to be that hard to find a place on a saturday evening in Oxford). They gave me some gifts: a guide to be the perfect british, another one to swear in english and the film "Taxi driver", that I have already seen but I liked it a lot and don't want to change it). The sunday was peaceful and quiet day as I wanted to relax at home after the week out and before another week away in Woolwich. On sunday evening I invited my housemates for dinner.

On monday morning I went to Woolwich again. I've spent the week working alone but with the rest of the team of diggers from the company in the B&B. However, I have hardly been with them except for the breakfast. My room-mate was a silent person and not very sociable but clean, polite and nice enough to share room for 4 nights. The work at Woolwich was ok and I'll have now quite a lot data to keep working at the office for several weeks. I have to work hard because I should have finished some reports I'm still writing. My problem is that I'm afraid of not doing well and disappoint some people in the department and above. Every time I have a look at the reports I change something and I don't think it is correct yet. I don't even think it is better than before... But by the end of this week or next monday, I hope to finish two of them and then definitely finish the first I started (it's the largest building and also the worst report as it was the first I started writing in english so I have to change plenty of things I have learnt writing the two others because I'm more experienced now). In fact, I think I should have started by Buildings 15 and 16 and then do the 11 but I'm not the one who decides. All this planning may change as I'll go back probably some days to the manor house next to Henley-on-Thames where I was working some weeks ago.

Last monday I went to a chinese restaurant next to the hotel in Greenwich. It was nice and I decided to go back on thursday. However, I couldn't have dinner...
"Hello, I'd like to have dinner, please"
"Umm... How many of you?"
I looked at both sides and answered: "Well, only me I guess"
"Umm... Only you? One moment please" and the little chinese girl went into the kitchen and then came back: "Today not possible".
"Not possible? Why?" I had a look at the tables and half of them were available!
"Today only San Valentine's menu. Special for two persons, not only one. Would you like to take away?"
"What??? No, it's ok. I'll go, as single as I am, to the pub..."
And I ended eating a very nice pub food actually, but humiliated for being single.

On friday morning I received a message from Torstein: bop at Wolfson. I was really tired after the week and keen to have a hot shower and enjoy my warm bed, far from the freezing week we've had in Woolwich. But... what the hell, I went anyway. It was a San Valentine's special and before the bop they organised one of those silly contests where one guy and three gals stay at either side of a screen without seeing each other. The the guy asks spicy questions, the girls answer and he rules them out one by one till get his favourite. He asked some really funny questions like "What kind of meat do you like to eat?", "What's your favourite condom flavour?" or "How do you like to... ahem... trim your bush?". The girls' answers were really funny too but the sound was bad and I could hardly hear them as I was in a very bad place. Anyway, the party after the contest was one of the funniest I have been in the Wolfson although we were only 4 people: Torstein, Lidia from Valencia (Spain) and Dana from Latvia. I was so tired that I didn't stay till the end though.

Oh, by the way, I already have my own desk in the office. That's good as I had to beg a desk every week. From now I can leave all my stuff there. The computer is not very good and it has a Windows2000 but I'll speak to the people in IT to see if there is any possibility to install an XP as I'm more used to that. Well, that's all by the moment. I'll try to post some photos of Llantrisant, Woolwich and my desk within this week, ok?

No hay comentarios: