Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

25 abr 2010

Waking up. Frankfurt am Main 1.0

Mental peace seems to be coming back to my head, slowly. It is like waking up from an uncomfortable dream. Not a nightmare, but not a quiet night either. You know you are conscious, but you keep your eyes closed. The dawn is somewhere out there, not yet bothering you. Then you open your eyes slowly but it is still dark and you are still enjoying the comfortable feel of the warm sheets thanks to the heat your own body gives. You don't want to move, you feel so good after a bad night... You realise that the time is running out and the immediate future is still unknown: there are things to do and the day could go wrong for so many reasons... You wonder what the weather will be like, for example. The bad time is gone but there is no guarantee that the one ahead will be better, so you just try to enjoy the minutes of relief and comfort between one thing and the other. You haven't rested during the hours you were supposed to and the day won't give you another break so you just try to make the most of this treasure with the shape of a bed and a pillow. However, you know that this is just a brief hiatus between the night and the day. The wonderful time we all have between waking up and getting up.

I am getting up soon. Although I am still far from achieving my medium-term goals, I must report that everything is going very well after one month since I woke up here in my new city. These four weeks have run smoothly and I have had time to rest and tidy up my head a bit. The job seems to be ok, I like the office and my desk. My colleagues seem to be very approachable and funny people, excellent to work with. The very few places of the city I have seen are of my taste and even the weather has been quite good especially the last spring-like days. I have also already found a place where to live and I will move there on Saturday: that will be the moment when everything will really start; when I jump out of bed hoping to land in my sleepers to have a good beginning of the day.

The hiatus has been nice but staying in bed, lazy, will not help much. Besides, I can not do that even if I wanted to. It is about time to get up, roll the blind up, open the window and have a good breakfast while I think what I have to do the next few days/weeks. There are many things to set up. The time gone has been so good and everything has been so easy so far that there is only room for optimism. I hope this is one of the best days of my life.

3 comentarios:

lucab dijo...

Hey Rafa!
By the way: i'm such curious about your job there! Please, write something about it!
Hope you're fine, I'm fine and enjoying some good sun rays!
Really plenty of hugs,
Luca

Rafael MJ dijo...

Hello Luca.

Glad to read you again. You are one of my most faithful visitors! About the job, to be honest, I can not tell much for two reasons:

1) I have arrived in a moment when a project is almost finished so there is not much to do and I haven't got the chance to get the real feeling of the tasks I have to do. Besides, we will be a couple of months doing nothing until the next project arrives.

2) I have signed a huge confidentiality contract (I bet it is bigger than those they have to sign to join the FBI...) so I am committed not to tell anything about my job. Remember than videogames' industry moves more money than music or cinema nowadays so everything is very top-secret.

Anyway, the overall feeling at work is positive and I think I will like it :-)

Glad to know you are enjoying the sun. Hope the springtime and summer seasons are good for you!

lucab dijo...

Yep! I've not thought about it! :D
Maybe you're next job will be in FBI! :D

Anyway I'm happy you enjoy it!

Yesss! Springtime makes me less depressed as far as the sun makes me smile. ;)

Hope you're fine!
Hugs,
Lu