Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

29 ago 2010

Same old story

I had (and still have) plenty of things to tell you about the trips I've been doing and the places I've seen. I hope the right time to do it arrives at some point during the early autumn. The summer is being great but I expect more relaxed and quiet months for the next season. Still some interesting plans but not as much movement as the summer is being. I have another unexpected news to tell you first. Something that will interrupt almost everything again. I have used the word movement on purpose because, tell me visitor, how many times in the last 3½ years have I told you that I am moving? Well, here I go again: I have to move, and this time they will be twice in one go. I am staying in Frankfurt though, that's for sure!

First I have to move and find a new place. I like it where I live now, sharing this flat in a central location near the train station, with a large room and my cool flatmate Marlene. But she has asked me to leave the room free. Nothing bad has happened and everything is fine. But she would like to share the flat from October 1st with someone special for her and I totally understand that and support them. It was part of the deal anyway: we had agreed to try for a period of time during which either she or me could "break the verbal contract" with a month notice (and she gave me two, because I can stay here until mid-October if I find nothing I like). Besides, I was already thinking about finding a different place, though without a deadline... The thing is that it was very expensive to find a flat for one person in those places where I have been living before. But here I can afford at least a small studio, something with just a tiny kitchen, a bed/living-room and a small bathroom. I have already started checking and there are some options that meet my requirements. It will be difficult though, there are lots of people after a few places available. Besides I've got the language handicap and here is extremely expensive to start living in a place: you have to pay 3 months of deposit plus almost 2½ months to the agency -most of the places are available through agencies- plus the first month plus the furniture (the flats are unfurnished, of course). That will break my finances and will take me straight to the bankrupt... I will have to recover that money saving during the next year... If the worse comes to the worst, I will find anything shared and will try to move to my own little place in the next few months.

The second move comes from job. No!! I am not changing my job again, but the office. The company is moving this weekend to a new office and I start working there on Tuesday (we got Monday off!). We hope to have much more room in the new place, which is located in an area with plenty of offices in a high tower (I will work on the 10th floor). The work itself is fine. We've been working hard on this project the second part of August. Now we expect a bit more relaxed September and another hard month in October, if nothing changes. Apart from that, everything is cool on that side: I enjoy the job and my colleagues above all.

The bottom line is that everything keeps going always ahead and all these changes will be again to improve my current situation. Life is being good now, I keep enjoying Frankfurt and surroundings, I was to Freiburg again a couple of weeks ago, even went to France for a coffee from there, I am going to Berlin this Thursday until Sunday and then have the rest of the month to find a place, hopefully a studio, and move and finally settle down for a while. Next challenge: to live on my own for the first time in my life.

No hay comentarios: