Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

11 nov 2007

Back to Oxford

I've spent a week in Spain where I met two of my sisters and my first nephew, who was hardly one month old when I see him waiting for me at the airport. One of my sisters told me that these have been probably the weirdest holidays in my life and I think there's no doubt about it. You don't meet a new member in your family everyday! Besides, my other sister is pregnant and seeing her suddenly with that belly has been a bit shocking but really cool. I also could meet my mother for a couple of days.

My nephew is a very good baby and behaves every time except when he's sleepy or hungry, when he has no friends, like every babies. It's been a pleasure to be there now that he's starting to see and watch the world. His eyes are every time looking everywhere. He likes to watch and move: sometimes complains when you stop because he can not stay long time in the same place because "he has seen everything there already". He never stops moving his arms and his hands and sometimes catches one of your fingers or the blanket or whatever next to him. He's a very beautiful baby. Not to know when I'll meet him again is a bit painful. Give me a few days and I'll post some pictures so you'll be able to see him too.

By the other hand, the rest of the week has been fine. The weather was excellent and I went several days to the beach although it's November. I could meet again some people I knew (some of my sister's friends) and some other people I had heard to talk about (some other friends of my sister and some of her relatives-in-law). I could also speak on the telephone to some of my friends in Spain from who I haven't had hardly news since last March. One week there has been a little time, yes, but it was all I could afford. Being away from my family and friends is harder and harder and I don't know how long I'm going to last here. I'm feeling more and more lonely but I don't know if this is something that had to happen or something my current situation (leaving the house and the people I'm living with, feeling tired with the job) is emphasizing.

Tomorrow monday 12th I'm going to London again to spend there the whole week working. Like the last week, I don't know if I'll have an internet connection available so please be patient if I don't reply e-mails and comments in the blog, ok? I'll tell you about the Woolwich Arsenal and the Building 11 next week.

No hay comentarios: