Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

6 abr 2008

The bakcyard of my house is particular, when it snows...

There is a song for children in Spain that I think it is sang when jumping the rope which says something like "The backyard of my house is particular/when it rains it gets wet like the others". I know, it's silly but, come on is just a song for children. Well, the title of this entry itself but...

I haven't written for quite a long time considering the frequency I like to write with. In fact, the last entry was written two weeks ago when I still was in my beloved Vitoria-Gasteiz. I have been busy and blah, blah blah... I had prepared a good entry to post this weekend (with plenty of photos I promised you) but the plans have changed suddenly (I'll post that one in the near future, ok?). And then I have decided to post this one because something totally unexpected has happened this weekend. I've got the best fucking weekend since I'm in Oxford (apart from the weekend when my friends came to visit me, of course). It's been really funny and full of laughs, going out with people, dancing, drinks, food... Ha! Really cool! Let me start from the beginning, ok?

First, last friday evening I decided to go to a restaurant I have gone sometimes to have lunch on saturdays. You know, when you wake up late, lazy, have nothing in the fridge, don't feel like shopping and even less cooking what you don't feel like shopping. It's a small and cosy chinese/japanese restaurant in Cowley Road (the coolest road in Oxford) called Café Sojo. Not only the place is nice but also the waitresses are quite nice, good food, plenty of dishes to choose, plenty of food on them and very reasonable prices. Then we met 7 people there: my good friend Lars from Germany, Angela and Luca from Italy (colleagues from the company), Lidia (Lars' friend, from Spain), my very good friend Nico (also colleague from the company) and his housemate Tracy (from South Africa). The dinner was a really pleasant moment, lots of talking to everybody and very interesting conversations, as always. And after that, we went to Nico's and Tracy's house were they have a great conservatory very good to wander, have some drinks, keep chatting, listen to some music and chill out. It was a great evening/night!

Saturday evening was also great but I think the last word I'd use to describe it would be "chill out". We met at a pub also in Cowley Road called The Cape of Good Hope which is actually at the corner between Cowley and Iffley road and looks like a cape. We met there plenty of people again: Renata, Sergio and Toni (portuguese colleagues), Nayia (greek colleague), Liz (english colleague although she has spent most of her life in Hong-Kong), Nico, Luca and Angela. Also they came Eva and Gloria (spanish friends), Reyes (Gloria's sister), Brad (english Eva's classmate) and Paolo (italian Eva's friend). We spent a great evening there drinking mostly beer and some cider in a very good pub full of people and in a very good environment (and on a very comfortable sofa). After that, Luca, Liz and me went to another place whose name can't remember (Blue something... Corner? Room? Don'n know) It had a dance floor downstairs with a very good couple of dj's playing first funky and groove music and then electronic music. Very good to dance and enjoy. I drunk quite a lot of Southern Comfort with Coke (what I love and I drink it as if it was water) and obviously got a bit drunk. The music was great, the people very nice, the place cool and we got a really great time dancing like possessed. We were talking to everybody, taking photos (I'll try to get some of them from Liz's phone) and the dj even gave Liz a cd with some of his music which I'm listening right now (I'll give it back to her tomorrow as soon as I meet her). The place was supposed to close at 1am and it did but the people inside were asking for more and another guy played some music for about 30 minutes. And then, once it finished, Liz and me were really keen to keep dancing and went to the Carling Academy, a famous concerts hall in Oxford previously known as The Zodiac with several dance floors and where Angela plays music every thursdays. Liz and me kept dancing until 3am, when they definitely closed (I think we were nearly the last ones to leave).

When I was going home the night was cold and the sky was clear. But this morning I woke up at 8:30 and, you know what I've seen when I looked outside from my bedroom's window to the backyard? Have a look at the photo below. It was completely snowed! And the sky was clear only 5 hours before! Unbelievable and shocking. But the good things didn't stopped this morning because we've met again to have a sunday roast for lunch at The Mitre in High Street, a posh place but with nice prices for sunday roasts (in the UK roast beef, chicken or lamb is a typical lunch on sundays). We've been again Luca, Angela, Brad, Eva, Paolo, Gloria and Reyes and also Cindy joined as (Paolo's french housemate). The lunch was very good, the place really nice, the conversations very interesting again. Then we've gone to a french café and kept talking. I've left by 4:30pm because I was really tired after the digestion of the roast chicken (I ate half a chicken plus the vegetables and the gravy) and after being dancing from 11pm to 3am non-stop as well as having slept only 5 hours. I felt like doing something like this after the whole week in the office.


No hay comentarios: