Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

28 jun 2008

Rush entry

Just a rush entry to explain some of the current situation because, as it is happening often lately, I haven't had time to do it and won't have time in the next week. Starting by the last entry, there seem not to be problems for the next few weeks. The situation doesn't improve but it doesn't get worse either so I can keep my job. Speaking about the job, I'm working in Windsor Castle right now! It is amazing and very beautiful as well as one of the top palaces along with Hampton Court Palace, where I have already been. Well, as I expect to spend there some days in the next few weeks, I'll write more about it to tell you how it is, what I do and, hopefully, post some photos.

On the other hand, I keep as busy al always with the Spanish lessons and happy to do them. The number of beginners has decreased (as expected) and now I have a smaller group but much more approachable. I'm also busy on weekends meeting plenty of people and attending to some parties I have been invited. That's pretty cool as I can meet people from the office in a different environment and also meet other new people. Meeting people in a city like Oxford is always interesting.

Apart from all this, the big new will come next Thursday. I'm going to Brno, in the Czech Republic. I'll go for 5 days with another six colleagues from the company and once there some other people will join us. What for? We're a football team: we're going to play the Winckelmann Cup 2008!!!! It is a tournament for archaeologist and people related to this field of study (Winckelmann is considered the father of the modern Archaeology, so the name fits perfectly). Markus, one of the guys, has gone there for many years with some friends from the University of Cardiff and this year some people from the company will join them. We'll go 7 persons from Oxford and we've hired a van. We'll spend one night at Markus' place in Germany in our way down and another one in our way back. Once in Brno we sleep in tents, get drunk, listen to music and eat grilled meat. Sounds good, doesn't it? Oh, yes, and we play some football in the meantime.

We will be the Cardiff Dragons although the team is composed by people from all over Europe and I haven't yet met all of them. As far as I know, we will be from Germany, Wales, England, Scotland, Portugal, Spain, France and I think there is someone from Ireland. The teams must have mixed boys and girls and there are many other smaller trophies like the trophy for the team which has run the longest journey, the best team-party, the best dressed team... I've bought some stuff to be prepared. You can see the photo attached below.

Well, just wanted to tell you this details to explain that I won't be able to write for some days more because I don't have internet connection there. I'll let you know how it went and and what we did. I hope to come back without any injury!

No hay comentarios: