Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

19 jun 2008

Back to Oxford: anniversary and surprises

I went to Spain last week. First I went to Madrid, where I was watching a great concert with some of my best friends. I also could meet a very good friend from my summers digging in Italy. It was a superb weekend to start my holidays. I spent the rest of the week in Vitoria, my home-city. I could enjoy again with my nephews (who are growing quickly) and the rest of my friends and relatives. In addition, I also could meet again a friend from the United States who tried to come to Oxford last year but he had to cancel his journey in the last minute. Anyway, not saying more details, because I don't feel like doing it, the week was very good and I enjoyed a lot. I think I will not go back until next November or December... Or that's what I thought.

Once back in Oxford I have found everything in its usual place. Last Monday 16th June it was my first anniversary living in this house where I am so happy. Besides, I was having a drink in the evening to celebrate that Lars has finished his PhD, although that means that he'll leave soon. On the other hand, I've been invited to three parties in the next two weekends, I hope to organise myself to be able to go to all of them and say hello at least. And next Sunday the football is waiting for us: the thing is that Spain and Italy are playing a game in the Euro2008 and it looks like some Spaniards and Italians will watch it together. Actually I think that most of us know little about football. We go together just to have a drink and make some laughs. It'll be fun.

You see, good things and nice surprises. But not all the surprises are so cool. This week they have notified in the company that we can be fired soon. The critical situation of the economy in the UK is affecting the building companies and these are some of our best clients. The consequence is that the work is decreasing and obviously the staff will have to reduce. Given the fact that I'm the last one who arrived to my department, with the lowest grade and productivity (due to the language and how long it takes me to do the tasks) it seems to me that I have many chances to go away. I think they start telling us next week.

At this moment it is not worth thinking too much about this. If they tell me I have to go, I'll still have two more weeks and then... Then I don't know. I'll think about it if the moment arrives, but not now. Let's wait the events to happen and we'll see.

No hay comentarios: