Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

12 may 2009

The limbo

The limbo, you know, is the place where they are supposed to be those who don't go neither to heaven nor to hell. Some sort of place where nothing is very good or very bad I guess. Something neutral, enough to keep going ahead. Something like what I am doing at the moment. Well, I say 'doing' to say something, because I do nothing actually... Since I left the job I have been living peacefully at home. Going out as often as before or a bit more and spending the rest of the time in my bedroom, which I like more and more. And the truth is that it is cool, but I think that it has been enough as a break and I have to start looking for something to do, it doesn't matter if I can afford this life.

I keep meeting my friends more or less as often as before but I have more time now to go to London. Besides, I am making the most of the time to read several hours in a row, the way I like. And I also spend a lot of time in internet, too much. My laptop wakes up and goes to sleep at the same time as I do. Some friends have given me a couple of old laptops that they didn't want and I am having a great time trying different Linux operating systems. I am very enthusiastic about this and time flies so I don't get bored. But Linux is not going to feed me either and this is only a passtime...

I have sent three applications for jobs in archaeology but I've had no success because there aren't many offers and even less for buildings. Besides, there are a lot of archaeologists unemployed at the moment. So I think it is time to start with the plan and look for any job here in Oxford... or not.

I was very hold on the idea of keep living here during the summer but it is easier and easier to think about leaving. On the one hand it is good to stay because I would only change the job but all the rest would keep being the same. On the other, I don't know if I want all the rest to keep being the same because I am going nowhere. And the bad thing is that after one month and a half since I left the company I haven't stopped thinking about it and I have not yet my mind clear... I thought it was clear, but it seems that I don't start walking again.

I am a person who usually performs better under pressure, acting when it is necessary and not before. The pressure will be here soon and we will see then what happens. In the meanwhile I keep staying in the limbo.

3 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Hello. Limbo dancer. Nice to read some news from you even though there is no substantial change happening in your life as it seems ;-). Well. I keep my fingers crossed for your job search and I am optimistic that you will be successful at last. By the way. You are talking about leaving Oxford for the summer. Any plans yet?!? I will come to Oxford in the middle of June for a few days. It would be nice to see you there. Hope you will be around. Post me something. "Old" friend ;-). Hasta luego...

Un abrazo,

Lars

Rafael MJ dijo...

Hey Lars!! Good to see you around :) I have not yet clue about what will happen in the next few weeks but something will have to happen for sure because my current situation is starting to be ridiculous. I need a boost and I'm motivated to find it asap. I'm likely to be here in mid June so hopefully will meet you. Really looking forward :D Abrazos.

Anónimo dijo...

Hola Señor. Cool. So it will be great to see you in June. Provisional days of my stay are form 14 to 21 June. Hope to see you then. For the time being I wish you all the best for your job search. Keep me posted.

Un abrazo...

Lorenzo...