Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

1 jun 2009

Two months

It's been already two months since my last day working in the company. In these two months I haven't done anything but resting at home, meeting friends and enjoying life, especially the last month when the weather has been so nice. I was sure about staying in Oxford and look for a simple job but the truth is that I haven't found the motivation to do it. I have kept telling myself that I'd start the week after this or after that but... nothing. And I think that it is because, despite my 'final decision', I don't want to stay in Oxford.

I have no reasons to stay here. It is expensive and most of my friends are again leaving. People don't stay here very long because it is not a good place to settle down I think. My housemates will also leave sooner or later and I find the town more and more boring. Nothing excites me and I think that I have already seen everything and have done all the exciting things. I am tired of living in a town absolutely conditioned by the University, absolutely full of students, professors, researchers, schools, colleges, monuments, old stone buildings, narrow streets, touristic sites, private parks and souvenirs shops. It is fine to do a one-day visit or come to study one year but I don't live in the bloody colleges and I'm fed up with that. I need a change and I want to go to a normal city: with cars, streets, blocks of flats, bricks, life...

At the beginning I said that I would not move to another place just because it was cheaper and I won't do it for that reason. But I am definitely moving somewhere else because I am not motivated to stay in Oxford. It has been my home for more than two years and it has been great, but it is definitely time for a change. So I will go to a totally different place! I am going to a normal city, big, with plenty of people, night life, day life, normal life... And I will look for a job once I am there; whatever, just a job. At the end of June I am moving to Manchester. And why not?


But first I just booked a ticket today to fly back home for four days. I am going to meet my family and friends whom I haven't seen since last Christmas. I need a boost for these next steps of the road. After that, I will focus my attention on Manchester and will feel strong enough to defeat any adversity. It has taken me two months to realise about this but it is never too late. Never!

No hay comentarios: