Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

21 jun 2009

First step

I've done already my homework in Manchester and I am quite happy with that. Actually, I went four days to look for a place where to stay from July but the truth is that by the second day I had visited nice places enough to decide. They've been tiring days though with plenty of walking up and down as I do not yet know well the public transport system. Fortunately some people told me how to get to their places either by bus or tram whereas it wasn't necessary for others that were much closer or even in the city centre itself. It feels like I've been longer than just four days.

One of the differences I have seen between Oxford and Manchester city centre is that there are many more flats in Manchester and you usually share with one or two persons maximum. In Oxford they are all houses and the smallest amount of people I've been sharing with it's been three. Another difference is, of course, the price: Oxford is more expensive. The truth is that I can't complain because I have been living in cheapish houses always but in Manchester you can find much cheaper bedrooms or even better for the same price in the city centre.

I have finally taken a single one (that's the only bad thing) but cheap, right on the edge of the centre and sharing with one guy in his early 30's. You know what? He's been living in Oxford until recently, in Cowley road like me! The flat is very new although he says the construction quality is not very good... One of the things I like is that he wasn't advertising the room and not looking immediately for a flat-mate. He just visited Gumtree on Wednesday morning, saw my advert and got in contact with me because he liked it (it worked!). Hardly two hours later I was visiting the place because amazingly it was 1 minute away from Ray's (my acquaintance there) where I have stayed, haha! So another good thing is that I'll live in the only area that I kind of know and really close to the only person that I kind of know too in this city. Ray deserves a honourable mention for his kindness and great help!

Now I have just bought my train ticket for next Monday 29th. It will be from Oxford to Manchester. Just one way this time.

No hay comentarios: