Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

13 jun 2009

Manchester: Introduction

I went to Manchester 3 weeks ago to spend hardly one weekend to just to check that it is what I was looking for. After that preface, I'm off to Manchester again for few days next week. I'm going to spend 3 1/2 days to start looking for accommodation, looking for job and exploring a bit more the city. I'll stay at an acquaintance's flat these days who is being very helpful and kind. I have already started checking some adverts in order to have some views arranged by the time I arrive and make the most of these 3 days. This is the advert. Would you get in contact with me if you saw it?

My name is Rafael and I'm from the Basque Country, Northern Spain. I'm a 28 years old professional currently living in Oxford although I'm moving to Manchester at the end of June so I'm looking for a bedroom from early July (the earlier, the better!). I'd like to live as close to the city centre as possible (I don't know Manchester at all!) or at least not too far cycling. I'm looking for a place up to £350/month (£80/week) including every taxes and bills.

More about me: Observer, thinker though absent minded, reserved, humble, simple, laid-back, open minded, friendly, kind, polite, analytical and far from being 'ferpect' :-) I'm tidy, clean and pretty quiet, call it even boring... Not an animal party at all. My former housemates and landlords will be happy to give references if required. I like a lot music and love live concerts and gigs.


About the bedroom: I don't really need much space although being a big guy (6'4") I'd like to have a bed without a board at the feet if it is not long enough (I know it sounds funny but this is more important than it looks for a tall person like me!). Apart from that, wardrobe, chest of drawers... the usual stuff. Don't even need a desk but it's ok if the bedroom has one.
About the house/flat: well, as I said, I'm looking for a central location if possible. I don't watch tv at all and don't use a landline telephone either so I will be happy in a place without those devices. The only thing I really need is a fast and reliable internet wireless connection. I don't have a bike at the moment but I'm likely to end up getting one if there is space in the house/flat to keep it so that would be a plus.

About you: you can be male or female, hetero, homo or bisexual, religious or agnostic, smoker or not, vegetarian or not, right or left handed, with or without pets, with or without kids, older or younger, professional or student, British, German, Brazilian, Japanese or Martian... I don't mind and I expect you don't mind. All these things are unimportant as long as you're tidy, considerate and responsible enough to realise that you're not living alone in that house/flat. I don't mean to be your best friend but someone easy going and friendly rather than just someone to split the bills would be great :-)


If any of this sounds like the person you're looking for to live in the room next door please get in contact with me. I will visit Manchester from June 16th to 20th (I leave early in the morning) and then will be also there from June 29th. It would be great if we can arrange an appointment to meet and let me visit the place. Cheers! Gracias :-)

2 comentarios:

Olalla dijo...

Good luck in Manchester Rafa, Iḿ sure that sometimes a change is the best decision.
Another thing, Iḿ still needing a accommodation in Reading. Could you help me?
See you soon, I will visit you in Manchester or Oxford; If you want, of course.

Rafael MJ dijo...

Hi Olalla :) Glad to read you in English! Thanks for your good wishes. I'll be happy to see you either in Oxf or MAN. Tel me know when you're around. About Reading, give me a couple of days. I've been away the whole weekend but will try to sort it out before I go to MAN. Anyway, why don't you post an advert in Gumtree-Reading like I did? :)