Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

16 sept 2015

My life in German

I made it: I've learnt German!! Today I have received my C1 Level Certificate. Although it wasn't easy, it wasn't as difficult as I initially expected either! Ok, the final marks are not the greatest ever. And yes, I still have a loooot to improve. But I am quite satisfied with this certificate and, why not, also proud of me. The idea at the beginning was to reach the C1 level latest in December and I passed the exam at the end of August: not bad at all! Besides, now I've got one thing less to do when I move to Cologne. It looks like I can also focus on something and not only have fun and go partying, also in a city like Berlin. When I moved here, I heard often: "Good, Berlin, you will be surely every week in the clubs, won't you?" No. Instead, I've attended lessons every week to reach my goal.

The challenge from today will be to keep this level and learn even more. I'm studying the Masters in English, so I should live my life in German out of the classroom. When I go to a shop, I already speak German, unless the reason is something very important or difficult to explain. I will ask for patience to my German friends and will also practise with them a lot. From now I've got also no excuse not to write the blog in German, so here comes my first entry. Oh god, I remember the first one in English. My English was back then far from perfect, but it was much better than my current German! Oh well, maybe my entries in German don't make much sense at the beginning, but I hope that writing in this language helps me to learn new vocabulary and consolidate the structures already learnt. So I start immediately to celebrate my C1 Level Certificate by publishing BLOG, ERGO SUM in three languages.

No hay comentarios: