Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

24 jul 2009

Almost

I almost got a job today, but it couldn't be possible finally. I went to an employment agency last Tuesday, the first time I try one. I sent the cv because they were looking for someone fluent in Spanish. It was a telemarketer job: phone people to convince them to buy something. I had to phone companies to sell them software, something ridiculous coming from me as I use free software (and I put it on my cv -maybe that's why they didn't like it, haha). The bad thing is that it wasn't very well paid and the office was very far from where I live. Really far, in fact out of Manchester. I didn't like the idea of spending half of my day and my wages in going to work but at least it was something to start with and I wouldn't have minded to do it for few weeks or a couple of months. It was temporary anyway. The guy from the agency was quite convinced about getting the job but apparently the company has found someone else by itself. So I'm fucked up and still looking. I'll try other agencies this week to see if I am luckier.

As for the rest, there is little else to tell. I like Manchester city centre and all its old and new buildings. Last weekend I went to the (Afro)Caribbean Carnival which takes place every year. It was funny although not too funny when you are alone. The weather wasn't bad on Saturday but it rained the night before and it was quite muddy. There were colourful and noisy amateur performances. Plenty of leaves, bright clothes, amazing costumes... I was entertained for a while.

I also saw the other day the first MacDonalds Mac-auto of the UK here in Manchester. You can imagine how bored I am to be here telling you these things hahaha. Well, I also went to visit Chester and I think it is very beautiful. Lovely to spend one day and see it, but living there must be a boredom torture. You know, like Oxford but even worse. Or like being jobless in Manchester, but even worse. Well, no, not worse than this
...

3 comentarios:

lucab dijo...

It's already something. If agencies start calling you for possible jobs, maybe next times they will call you for telling they've got a job for you!
BTW I've reminded another movie I like: "Mediterraneo"...well,what's the link with this last poast from you? NONE! :-D
Hope you're right,
hugs,
Lu

Rafael MJ dijo...

Ciao Luca. Thank you for this film. It doesn't matter it is not directly connected with the post's topic (visitor, I asked Luca and other Italian friends for films in Ialian to watch).

The agencies are not working as I expected. I keep visiting their websites and applying for jobs but I haven't had any response so far. I guess they are flooded with cv's.

Cheers.

lucab dijo...

Ah, sob?! I hadn't understood it...!?
Yes, probably they are or maybe they're just doing anything...for none I mean! ;-)