Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

26 sept 2009

See you soon, dirty old town

To tell you the truth, Manchester is not exactly where I have lived these last three months. Yes, I've lived just few minutes walking form the city centre but it is actually a different district of the Greater Manchester: the City of Salford. It has its own university, central station, cathedral... Manchester stretches with a north-south orientation whereas Salford is right to the west, that's what makes me be closer to city centre than most of the people who live in Manchester itself.

The thing is that it is not the best place in the world, but I have really liked living here and it has given me exactly what I was looking for when I moved in, except for a job of course. I regret I haven't had the time to know it better and settle down here. My wings seem to be stronger than my roots and I fly away again.


The luggage is ready. Everything is packed waiting to be taken to the airport and get a sticker that will send it with me to Bahrain. I will miss the urban landscape I see from the window, the neighbourhood, the accent, the flat, my flatmate, the nice people I have met, the NW of England, the feeling of being here because it was here where I wanted to be now. You are not the best place in the world, but you represent what I was seeking and I hope to see you soon. I will miss you,
dirty old town.

Now I am going to the Persian Gulf, where the weather will be very hot. I am going to work finally and work hard. I will read a lot in my free time. Well, Bahrain is small and the capital is even smaller so I also hope to be able to get to know it well in the next couple of months. You know where to come to read about it. Blog, ergo sum: as long as the blog exists, I exist. Thank you for being here with me.

No hay comentarios: