Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

13 oct 2014

Twelve and counting

If nothing changes (and I hope it doesn't do it yet) from January 2007 to December 2014 I will have lived in 12 different places in 7 cities of 5 countries. These are many places and a lot of moves specially if you think that 4 out of these full 8 years I have lived in the same flat in Frankfurt. This time of my life has given me a lot, I was seeing myself quite settled in that city where I've felt at ease and I kept accumulating stuff; I was either bringing it from Vitoria or buying it somewhere else. As a result, the last move has been the heaviest of all by far. I will probably have to move again in one year but I hope not to accumulate more until then as well as to get rid of many things before I pack them again. This can't keep being like this...

After finishing my work at the end of August and having some pending stuff to do in September (Oktoberfest in Munich included), leaving Frankfurt and arriving to Berlin has been as easy as it could be. I wish things were always like that! I've been lucky with my landlords moving out of the flat there and also moving in here. Besides, I've counted on an army of friends who have helped me a lot, physically and mentally. Everything went very well and I am already living in my new home (the twelfth). I am getting used to it quickly, I like the flat, the neighbourhood too, I am moving around easily with my bike and, on top of that, the weather was wonderful for the first days. I even have had breakfast in the balcony without a T-shirt being already in October. ¡Tropical Berlin, hahaha! I have to make the most of it because the cold weather will start soon.

Now it's time to focus on what I've come to do here. I am still doing paperwork and bureaucracy for the unemployment office. I do not yet know how much and when I will start getting paid and that's a piece of information that I need to know as soon as possible so I can forecast how much I am going to spend during these 12 months. I have a rough idea, but I need to know the exact amount. The expenses and bills here have already started knocking on my door: the first month of rent, the deposit, some shopping and the first months of the German course. The lessons started on October 1st and I like the school, the teacher and the classmates. We'll see what comes out of all this... I haven't yet met all my friends in Berlin, that's something I shall do in the next few weeks.

So far, so good! Apart from the problems to get a working internet connection at home (first world's problems, but now it's fixed!), there is no other flaw. The last months in Frankfurt were full of ups & downs, mixed feelings, doubts, confusion, fear, plans for an uncertain future and memories of a past just gone. I hope to leave this behind because I've seen that things are turning out perfectly right and I get often too worried instead of enjoying what I've got. Since I started to suspect the job would come soon to an end, I've realised that I tend to be too pessimistic and a bit depressed, and that's neither reasonable nor healthy neither for me nor for the people around who bear with me with infinite patience. I want now 12 sabbatical months of happiness, of reward, of getting worried about strictly necessary things just at the right time, of seeing life again in the way I used to see it, of wolfing down the world, of walking on the street with earphones singing and dancing alone even if people look at me, 12 months of doing what I want to do and being happy about it.

A friend told me once on this blog: “It's humiliating to feel trapped in this life like in a grid of vertical and horizontal lines and see people like you who go through the diagram drawing a diagonal line (though always well planned). A flying route that you don't know where will take you but at least it takes you somewhere, and that's what life consists of: changes, new connections.” I want to think it is like that.

No hay comentarios: