Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

13 abr 2012

Sergey vs. Saint Petersburg

I am typing this brief entry after I received an email from a friend. He is a lawyer and he got it from Sergey, a Russian colleague.

A new law in Saint Petersburg fines anyone who shows support to the LGBT community. This law wants to spread to the rest of the country. In Russia, LGBT right seem to go backwards.

Sergey (a straight family father) has been arrested and he will go to court on April 16th for holding a sign saying that the family of his lesbian friend is as normal as his own. To support Sergey, everyone who sympathises whit the LGBT community and the community itself, please sign here and help to spread the word. Thank you. You will do it through All Out, a website in which I am registered. Sergey is for real (on the photo) and he will be judged on April 16th 2012. I am not asking you for money on a letter for an anonymous kid in a poor country with a goat leg stuck in his head.

After posting this entry, I think I could go to jail if I was in Russia. And you too for signing and showing your support to Sergey and the LGBTSupport  community. Is it unfair or what?

No hay comentarios: