Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

9 sept 2007

The world to walk

Welcome back visitor. After telling you what my blog is, I'd like to tell you a bit more about me and what I've done in the last few months. As I told you, I came to the UK about six months ago. I came to Oxford because they offered me a job in the largest archaeological company in this country and I'm not sure if it's the largest in Europe too: the Oxford Archaeological Unit. I spent the first three months living in a good neighbourhood, beautiful and quiet, but boring. I shared house with a chinese couple and other polish couple, all of them very nice. Then, the polish couple left and came for some weeks another polish guy. It was cool to share house with people from other countries because I love travelling and meeting new places and people, so this was a good opportunity to talk about other places with citizens of those countries and ask them a lot of questions. But we had to leave that house and then I moved to a more suitable place for me, closer to the town, to my job, to the shops, markets, restaurants and pubs... I'm living with a family now, Xavier and his sons Dan and Sam. I'm feeling really comfortable here, like in no other place.

Time goes by normally and I'm not expecting relevant changes in the next months except for a short journey I'm planning to pay some visits in Spain. In the same way, I received some great visits of some of my friends and one of my sisters (you can look for a picture below, in other entry). If everything continues so well, I think I'll prolong my stay in this country for several months more, even years. At the beginning, I thought that if I lost my job I'd look for other job as archaeologist because the offer is quite large in the UK and Ireland. But I've decided that, if I run out of work in my company tomorrow, my first choice will be to look for other job in this city because now I'm getting used to Oxford and the people I live with. The good thing for me is that I don't have plans for the future, I don't have a straight road to follow. I don't have even a winding road, and I enjoy it at this moment. As a spanish song says: walker, there's no path, you make the path walking. Ok, let's walk then.

No hay comentarios: